To enable support for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 you will need to select “Complete” when installing RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1
One cool new feature of Visual Studio 2010 is that snippets now work in the HTML editor. Code snippets for C# and VB have been supported in previous versions of Visual Studio, however the new HTML Snippets feature gives you the same productivity boost when writing markup or ASP.NET server control declarations in the HTML Editor.
The following procedure describe how to use RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX code snippets:
- In Visual Studio 2010, on the File menu, point to New and then click Project. Doing this displays the New Project dialog box.
- Select a project type, such as Telerik > Web > RadControls C# Web Application.
- In the upper-left corner of the New Project dialog box, click the combo box and select .NET Framework 3.5. Click OK and then continue to create your project.
- In the Code Editor, place the cursor where you would like to insert the code snippet.
- Type the shortcut for the code snippet that you want to add to your code.
- Type TAB, TAB to invoke the code snippet.
Let us know if you have ideas for snippets that will help you be more productive.
Plamen Peshev | The Telerik VSXTeam