The time has come to have a peek on the new controls and features we are shaping for you that will be published with the Q2 2010 RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX release. Alongside with the regular updates and bugfixes for the components in the suite, you will get the following:
- One brand new control: RadTagCloud
- Div content area mode and light table dialog for RadEditor
- Load-on-demand mode for GridDropDownColumn combobox editor, column group/reorder animations and localization through resources for RadGrid
- ASP.NET 4 Routing support for RadDataPager and RadGrid’s pager
- RadFilter integration with ASP.NET 3.5 data source controls
- Support for RIA services’ DomainValidator and general model validation for RadGrid and RadListView
- ListView mode as grid presentation substitute for RadFileExplorer
- Load on demand through web services for RadRotator
- RadScheduler reminders
- Flash module with simultaneous multiple file upload for RadAsyncUpload
- ‘Navigate and highlight’ feature for RadListBox, content template for RadPanelBar
- Keyboard and localization support for RadWindow, recent and custom colors for RadColorPicker
and many more small features and enhancements that will spice-up your ASP.NET web apps.
Go to the quick links below to learn the whole story from the BETA forum announcement/release notes, online demos and documentation:
Announcement on Telerik Labs
What else? Well, there is one other major thing we will be delivering for you with this release – native Sharepoint 2010 web parts for RadEditor and RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX with features that will help you replace the standard Sharepoint 2010 web editor or SPListView with a few mouse clicks. These web parts come with a stand-alone installer that will automatically propagate the necessary web.config registrations and deployment actions on your Sharepoint 2010 server.
Need to use our AJAX controls in a custom Sharepoint 2007/2010 implementation? Not a problem at all. RadEditor, RadGrid and the rest of our ASP.NET AJAX components can also be plugged very easily into Sharepoint 2007/2010 visual/dynamic web parts, or placed directly into Sharepoint pages/user controls. Explore the Telerik Sharepoint 2007/2010 demo sites and the online documentation for further info:
Telerik Sharepoint 2010 Demo site
Note that the Telerik Sharepoint 2010 sample site features the integration of our Silverlight controls and Telerik Reporting as well. To change the configuration of the RadGrid webpart or browse the Silverlight demo page, you need to login with the following credentials:
User name: sp2010visitor
Finally, some of you might be wondering when the Q2 2010 BETA release of Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC will be available in public? Provided that the roadmap for our MVC suite have been quite aggressive for this quarter (4 new extensions – dropdownlist, combobox, editor and window, several major features for our MVC grid, etc.), we decided to push it back a bit, extend its BETA period and announce the Q2 2010 BETA of Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC in the middle of July. Hence the current Telerik MVC release will co-exist with the Q2 2010 BETA for a month or so after the official Telerik Q2 2010 product release launch. After that the BETA bits will become official by the time the service pack one releases of the other developer productivity lines go live.
Thus we will be listening to your valuable feedback a little longer and forge more robust and feature-rich new MVC extensions that you will be able to take full advantage of. We believe that you will be pleased with the final results. And for those of you who need an urgent solution – keep in mind that you can still use our AJAX editor, window and combobox controls in your ASP.NET MVC sites.