Hello everyone and welcome back to XAMLflix Episode 4 with RadDiagram for Silverlight and WPF. What is XAMLflix you might ask? In case you missed the previous episodes, it is Telerik’s way of teaching you how to use both new and existing controls from Telerik’s XAML suite. Each and every Thursday, we will provide a fresh batch of videos and sample projects highlighting a different control. Since our Silverlight and WPF share a common codebase and API, you only have to learn how to use these controls once!
In case you have missed them, check out the XAMLflix page to get caught up on previous episodes.
*** We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post to announce a XAMLflix Marathon! Each day for the next week, we will bring you a new XAMLflix episode daily! We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post ***
Say Hello to RadDiagram
The RadDiagram control allows you to create rich and interactive diagrams simply and fast. It features shapes and connections editing, rotate and resizing shapes, cut/copy and pasting of shapes and much more. You can also easily create organization charts and class diagrams with it. The RadDiagram can be easily customized to fit perfectly into a variety of business applications involving diagrams.
· RadDiagram – Getting Started – In this video, we will see how easy it is to get started using RadDiagram. We will begin inside of Visual Studio 2010, with File-> New Project and complete a sample application using it. We will also discuss basic features such as Panning and Zooming, editing and adding connections between elements. (source)
· RadDiagram – Copy/Paste/Cut/Delete – Now that we have our feet wet with RadDiagram, it is time to look at several features including the ability to cut/copy and paste shapes and connections inside a diagram and how to delete one. (source)
· RadDiagram – Adding in a custom Shape Element – Don’t like the shapes included? No problem! Spin up your own with the “Geometry” property and add in your own Path Data. We will take a look using our own Path Data as well as how easy it is to create one. (source)
· RadDiagram - Customizing the Look and Feel – This video is all about customizing the RadDiagram to maintain UI consistency across your application. We will look at changing several grid properties as well as modifying colors for the grid and shapes. (source)
· Using RadDiagram with RadRibbonBar – In the final video of the series, we will look at integrating the RadDiagram with RadRibbonBar control. Your users expect to control the RadDiagram with ease – so why not give that to them? We will use a RadRibbonBar to control common functionality of our RadDiagram. (source – includes all parts)
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments then please let me know. Also, feel free to download your own copy of the RadControls for Silverlight and WPF so you can explore the controls we have to offer. Also, keep in mind that Q1 2012 Webinar Week is NEXT week, so grab your seat now to check out the full Telerik portfolio.