I want to thank you all for attending the webinar today. As promised, all of the materials are now available for you to download and explore on your own. If you have any questions then please do leave a comment below. I’d also suggest that you download RadControls for Silverlight and/or WPF if you haven’t already.
RadGridView Webinar Materials
Slides, Source Code and the Recorded Webinar Video are available right now!
Other XAMLFlix Webinars
- Data Visualization : By Evan Hutnick - happened two weeks ago, and all the materials have been posted to his blog. Go ahead and check it out to see what is happening with the latest XAML Data Visualization components from Telerik.
- Diagramming Framework: by Michael Crump – happened last week, and Michael has posted all the material to his blog. Check it out as Diagramming is a very powerful framework.
What did we cover today?
- Getting Started Basics – How to create a project using RadDataGrid, what files are referenced, and other need to know items.
- Creating the Data – Creating an employee data class with 5000 records to act as the data for our tests
- Sorting and Multi-Select - The built in ability to sort the data by one or more columns
- Filtering – the built in ability to filter the results based on values in a given column or columns
- Grouping – the built in ability to group the data based on one or more columns
- Exporting- how to export the data to Excel, HTML or other formats
- Managing Columns- how to set which columns are displayed and to manage their headings
- Data Paging - retrieving the data in “pages” of arbitrary size to speed download and to organize the results
- Aggregate Functions – creating footers for columns that provide average, sum, least or most, etc.
- Validation – Client side validation of data input
- Copy and Paste - controlling what goes to the clipboard for pasting to other applications
- Master/Detail – Creating a master/detail relationship using RadGridView, RadDataPager and RadDataForm
Thanks for watching and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Also, before you go, I need your help: Telerik is driven by customer feedback. This is where I need you to tell me what you want to see in the future. Whether it is new controls, additional features or content based off of existing controls, then just drop me a comment in this post or send me a tweet.
Also, keep watching the XAMLflix page as we are releasing two new videos series each and every week along with a related tutorial every week. You should also go back and watch any videos that you may have missed.
Wrap-Up & Share Your Thoughts
Hopefully you’ve seen here just how quickly and easily you can add RadGridView in your next line-of-business application. And as a reminder, this is only one of the controls offered in the Silverlight/WPF suite. So, feel free to download your own copy of the Silverlight and WPF control suite right now.
Also, tell us what you want to see in the future. Whether it is new controls, additional features or content based off of existing controls, drop a comment in this post.