It’s only been a few months since we announced the Beta launch of Telerik’s .NET memory and performance profiler, yet JustTrace has gone a long way.
Back then we shared with you our core vision for the product – we were not interested in launching just another .NET profiler, but a tool that will help developers build more performance and resource efficient applications and thus increase the business value of their products.
Some of our core objectives include:
- A profiler that is a stand-alone solution yet a natural fit for Visual Studio
- Three distinct profilers – Memory, Performance and Tracing – that give you different aspects of how your application behaves
- A tool that tries to remove as many obstacles to pure, hassle-free profiling as possible by enabling things, such as live profiling, attaching to running processes, and more
- Performance that will inspire you
- Easy-to-learn tool with clear visualizations of disabling bottlenecks to optimal memory and performance
This is only the first step for JustTrace in its mission to give you easy to comprehend results and suggestions that will help you improve the application performance and identify as many program defects as possible. We want to help you, and not to overwhelm you with big amounts of hard to understand data.
In addition to all the cool features introduced with the Beta and a whole array of optimizations across all profilers, the commercial version also offers support for profiling web sites, web services or other .NET components deployed on any local IIS server.
In order to start using this functionality, all you need to do is open a new profiling session and enter the default web site page in the URL field. The other you already know from profiling other profilees, such as local application, running application, local ASP.NET website, Silverlight application or Windows Service. As with any new feature, it has room for improvement.
Some known issues include:
- Profiling IIS services on Windows Vista and later and using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome only. We plan on extending the supported OSs and browsers very soon, so stay tuned.
- You can profile only one IIS service at a time.
You might be already familiar with the other new hot features, such as profiling Windows Services, Compare Snapshots, and an Auto Update functionality that were part of the Beta 2 release of JustTrace. They are now more polished and produce better results. You might also have noticed that we take all of your feedback very seriously – the vast majority of the known issues that you have reported are now fixed. For full release notes please go to this link.
We take big pride in all of the enhancements JustTrace has seen in recent weeks. More to come soon…Watch this space!
The JustTrace Team